Information Security Policies & Permission for Use of UCF ARCC, Network, Equipment, and Services
By registering for an account in the UCF ARCC, I agree to the following terms:
- I have read and agreed to the Information Security and Acceptable Use (ITR) policies of the University from the following websites:
- Policy, 4-008 at http://policies.ucf.edu
- I understand and agree that I may occupy a position of special trust with duties that will bring me in contact with information resources that are of value to UCF or the State University System and that they require protection.
- I understand and agree that I am required to uphold the policies and procedures adopted to safeguard the information and associated resources that may be entrusted to me or with which I have contact. This includes the understanding that ARCC users are responsible for ensuring they are in compliance with any federally mandated restrictions on data storage and transport as stipulated by the contracts associated with the grants funding the research being conducted on ARCC resources.
- I agree to report violations of policies or procedures to my supervisor, STOKES HPCC Systems Administrator, or the UCF Information Security Manager.
- I understand and agree that my access may be terminated indefinitely if any of the following are initiated or occur while I am connected to the UCF network:
- Evidence of my system being used to cause denial of service (DOS)
- Evidence of my system being used to host and distribute copyrighted material
- Evidence of my system being used to gain unauthorized access to a system
- I understand and agree that any computer, software, and storage media provided to me by UCF may contain confidential information and that it remains the property of UCF at all times.
- I understand and agree that I do not have permission to gain unauthorized access to any information system or network to which I have not been expressly granted access.
- I understand and agree that I do not have permission in regards to making network configuration changes, such as wiring, or installation of network hardware devices, including hubs, switches, wireless access points or routers, without the expressed permission of the UCF Computer Services & Telecommunications (www.cst.ucf.edu).
- I understand and agree that I shall not copy, duplicate or allow anyone else to copy or duplicate any UCF owned information or software, except if it’s directly related to my job function.
- I understand and agree that if I terminate my agreement with UCF, I shall immediately return original and copies of any and all software, data, computer materials, or computer equipment that I may have received from UCF that is either in my possession or otherwise directly or indirectly under my control.
- I understand and agree that if I terminate my agreement with UCF, I shall immediately notify the responsible authorities at UCF, i.e., Computer Services, HR, or Division, to expire any accounts or access granted.
- I understand and agree that these terms, and my access to University resources, will be valid to the lesser of the expiration date below or one (1) year. To renew a new form must be submitted.